INTERSTATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: ATHENS SOLAR VILLAGE
The Athens Solar Village is a composite Development Program prepared at the initiative of an interstate agreement between Greece and Germany’s Ministries of Energy. The Program is a scientific experiment of sociological, town - planning, energy, technology, and economic nature. It concerns the creation of a model Organised Housing Settlement comprising of 435 apartments in 25 buildings (blocks of flats, social services and shopping centre).
Briefly, the specific Program includes the following actions and interventions:
- A multi-faceted and comprehensive Sociological Study on the rationalised development of a settlement to house about 1,500 residents, placing emphasis on securing the required conditions for a normal social life within the settlement and with the residents’ acceptance of the new energy systems of a pilot technological nature.
- A comprehensive proposal for Town-Planning relating to the extension of the town-planning study approved by the Pefki Municipality to include the project’s area of 100.000 m2.
- A multi-faceted and comprehensive Energy Study to implement new, advanced energy saving systems by utilising Mild Forms of Energy, especially solar energy.
- A comprehensive Economic Study on the cost of the installations and the Program’ s activities.
- A full Building Study covering the total number of the project’s buildings.
- A comprehensive Transportation Study to examine the settlement’s connection to the region’s existing transportation network.
- A comprehensive Roadway Study, to focus also on infrastructure projects and redevelopment of the surrounding area.
- A comprehensive Study for the Establishment of a Databank containing the entirety of the Program’ s technical, economic, and sociological data.
- Construction of Settlement’s Buildings and other Infrastructure Installations, as well as installation of electric, mechanical and technological equipment.
Our Organisation provided the following services:
- Project Management
- Scheduling and Cost Control
- Supervision of Construction.
Our Organisation’s ratio of participation in the above services was 100% in Project Management, and in Scheduling and Cost Control Services, and 50% in Supervision of construction.