RESTORATION OF THE OLYMPION MONUMENTAL BUILDING
The Project includes
- Complete interior restoration and refurbishment of two cinemas (700-seat and 200-seat capacity) and upgrading with modern audio-visual equipment.
- Complete restoration of the cinema foyer.
- Complete outer-shell restoration of the monumental building Olympion, located at Aristotelous Square in Thessaloniki, designed by architect Jacques Mose.
The Olympion Cinema Complex is the venue of Thessaloniki’s International Film Festival.
Current project status: Commissioning.
Our Organization, in cooperation with other firms (our participation rate is 44 %) has provided the following services for the specific project:
- Project Management
- Preparation of Preliminary Study
- Preparation of the Tender Documents
- Monitoring and Control of the Design
- Scheduling and Cost Control,
- Technical supervision of the construction and equipment installation
- Organisation of the Temporary and Final Commissioning of the Project.
- Support in securing financing
As this building is a monument, it was required for the work to be performed in collaboration with the appropriate agencies of the Ministry of Culture.
Currently, the project is commissioned in complete and operational condition with all the abovementioned rendered services. In addition to construction it includes the complete equipment of individual areas (general and special electrical and mechanical equipment, furniture, signs etc). Our Organisation also provides administrative support for the maintenance of the areas and equipment.