RENOVATION – RECONSTRUCTION OF E.M.S. MONUMENTAL BUILDING AND THEATRE
The project concerns the renovation and modernisation of the EMS Monumental Building and Theatre. It also concerns the repair of the building’s facade and its restoration according to the initial proposal by architect B. Kassandras. The Hall’s capacity is 800 seats and can be used for prose and ballet performances, as well as concerts, movie screenings and the staging of lyric theatre plays. With the restoration work, the EMS building will reflect the aesthetic and technical features contained in B. Kassandras’ initial design, adjusted to modern technological and functional requirements. More specifically:
- Works in the hall include its full maintenance and all possible improvements in installations and facilities, acoustics and visibility. The stage is restored to its initial large dimensions and is equipped with lighting and sound systems of high technology.
- Auxiliary stage space is entirely redeveloped in order to cater for the increased needs of Lyric Theatre performances.
- Audience servicing space is restored to its initial functions, quality of material and decoration. At the same time, several other rooms are redeveloped to improve the buildings functionality.
- The refurbished EMS theatre hall was the venue for the opening ceremony of events for the Cultural City of Europe – Thessaloniki 1997.
The project is currently in its final construction phase.
Our Organization in co-operation with other firms (our participation rate is 44 %) has provided the following services for the specific project:
- Project management
- Preparation of Preliminary Study
- Preparation of the Tender Documents
- Design Management and Control
- Scheduling and Cost control
- Technical supervision of the construction and equipment installation,
- Organisation of the Temporary and the Final Commissioning of the Project